Hurricane Season Guide
Plan ahead this Hurricane Season with our tips on how to prepare and stay informed.
AMOCO will obey all civil defense warnings and directives in the event of severe weather. In the event of severe weather, AMOCO will utilize all forms of communication to keep members informed. This includes, but is not limited to, our website, mobile app, Facebook, Twitter, email communications, etc.
How to Prepare:
- Make arrangements to have needed supplies and cash on hand in case of a sudden evacuation.
- Make arrangements to obtain important documents and other valuable items from your safe deposit box prior to a mandatory evacuation.
- Carry your AMOCO credit card, debit card, and checkbook with you at all times for safe and convenient cash or payment options.
- Locate credit union shared service centers and ATMs on your evacuation route by visiting here. This will enable you to access your AMOCO accounts at numerous locations.
- Your savings are federally insured up to $250,000 by the National Credit Union Administration (NCUA), an agency of the U.S. government, and backed by the full faith and credit of the United States government.
- AMOCO disaster recovery plans ensure that members’ account records are secure even if credit union facilities are damaged.
- AMOCO will work to make sure members’ funds are accessible, but necessary actions may need to be taken to ensure the safety of its facilities, records, and personnel. Necessary actions may include branch closures, cash withdrawal limits, and interruptions to electronic services.