2024 - 2025
At AMOCO, we’re committed to higher education, that’s why we offer our AMOCO students the opportunity to apply for one of the best scholarships around!
Not an AMOCO Member?
To become a member, you need to apply for a basic savings account. This account establishes your ownership in the credit union. Establish your membership online or visit an AMOCO branch near you to begin your membership. If you are under the age of 18, a parent or legal guardian must sign as a joint owner for the A-ZONE Savings account. To open an A-ZONE account, please stop by a branch and speak to a Financial Service Representative. Be sure to have the following information when you open your account:
Browse Our Frequently Asked Questions Below.
- High school students in their final year of studies who are scheduled to graduate in May 2024.
- Students currently enrolled at a U.S. vocational or technical school.
- Undergraduate students currently enrolled at an accredited U.S. college or university.
AMOCO Federal Credit Union will be awarding five students with a $2,000 honorarium scholarship for the upcoming 2024-2025 academic school year. Each scholarship award will also offer a paid summer internship to help you build professional skills and gain work experience with your credit union.
To be eligible for a $2,000 AMOCO Scholarship applicants must:
- Be a member of AMOCO Federal Credit Union (17 – 22 years of age).
- Enrolling at a community college, vocational/trade school, or university for the 2024-2025 academic school year.
- Submit a completed scholarship application and upload all required documentation through the online scholarship application page by Sunday, March 17, 2024, at 5:00 PM CST.
Yes! You can apply for the scholarship every year. Past recipients are also eligible to apply.
- Applicant must be a member of AMOCO Federal Credit Union and between 17 and 22.
- Applicant must be enrolling at an accredited school, university, vocational, or trade school for the upcoming 2024 fall and/or 2025 spring semester.
- Applicant’s current un-weighted GPA (Grade Point Average) must be 2.50 or above (on a 4.0 grade scale).
- Applicant must submit a completed scholarship application and upload all required documentation through the online scholarship application page by Sunday, March 17, 2024, at 5:00 PM CST.
All five (5) scholarship recipients will be offered an optional paid summer internship at AMOCO during the 2025 summer break. To be eligible for the internship program, recipients must meet the following internship employment criteria by June 1, 2025:
- Complete two full semesters or have a minimum of 30 hours of college credit with a GPA of 2.50 or higher.
- Must be pursuing a degree in one of the following areas of study: accounting, computer science/information systems, communications, economics, finance, general business, graphic design, human resources, leadership, legal studies, management, management information systems, marketing, or public relations.
- Documentation showing degree plan will be required.
If a recipient is not pursuing a degree listed above, a job interview will be required to determine if an internship will be granted.
- Must also meet employment eligibility requirements. Qualified recipients will receive consideration for an internship without regard to race, color, sex, national origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, citizenship, genetic information, or other protected status under federal, state or local laws. Applicants must successfully complete all pre-employment requirements and meet the eligibility requirements as established by AMOCO for consideration of employment.
All applications will be evaluated and scored without applicant names to ensure fairness and objectivity. All eligible applications will undergo a preliminary evaluation and scoring process completed by the AMOCO Scholarship Committee. The top ten scoring applicants will then be submitted for a second round of evaluation and scoring by the AMOCO Young Professionals Club. The top five (5) scoring applicants that best exemplify the spirit of leadership and volunteerism will be awarded the $2,000 scholarship.