What Are You Saving For?
We all know how important saving money is. Whether you’re a dedicated saver or just beginning to build your savings; we offer a variety of safe and secure savings plans to help your money grow.
Open an Account Online
When you join AMOCO Federal Credit Union you begin your membership by opening a basic savings. This account establishes your ownership in the credit union and is the foundation you can build on to achieve your financial goals.
What Are You Spending For?
Spending money is a daily part of living; however, smart spending allows you to save for your future. At AMOCO, we believe in investing in you and helping you build your nest egg to take care of yourself and your family.
Want Affordable Checking?
We believe that checking should be made simple, so we have one FREE checking account for all of our members. That’s right, no minimum balance requirements, no direct deposit requirements, no monthly service fee and unlimited transactions!
What Are You Borrowing For?
Our goal to make your financial dreams come true. Whether you are purchasing your first car, looking for a great credit card or want to own vacation homes, we help you fund your future.
Apply for a Loan Online
At AMOCO, we have loans for your wants and needs. We work hard to provide members with high-quality service, lower rates, and flexible payment options so you can get the most for your money.
Invest In Yourself!
Plan our financial dreams – from saving for college to planning retirement. We’ll discover where you want to go and how you will get there.
Manage Your Investments
Through LPL Financial, you have the ability to manage multiple types of investments, access your account anywhere, anytime and partner with a professional to help understand your unique financial situation.
- ACCESS MY ACCOUNT
- Special Offers
- March 23, 2023
This statement applies to content published on the www.amocofcu.org domain. It does not apply to content on subdomains under www.amocofcu.org and accessibility is addressed on those respective subdomains.
This website is run and managed by AMOCO Federal Credit Union (“AMOCO”). It is designed to be used by as many people as possible. The text should be clear and simple to understand. You should be able to:
- zoom in up to 400% without problems
- navigate most of the website using just a keyboard
- navigate most of the website using speech recognition software
- use most of the website using a screen reader (including the most recent versions of JAWS and NVDA)
Known problems with this site’s accessibility
We know that there are some accessibility problems with this site, and we are working to correct them as soon as we can.
Parts of this website are not fully accessible. For example:
- some websites we link to may not have been tested for their accessibility
- some tables do not have row headings
- some video popups are not accessible via keyboard navigation
- some heading elements are not consistent
- some images do not have image descriptions
- some buttons are not correctly identified
- many documents are in PDF format and are not accessible
If any of these problems stop you getting the information or service you need from our site, please contact us and we will be happy to help you.
We firmly believe that the internet should be available and accessible to anyone, and are committed to providing a website that is accessible to the widest possible audience, regardless of circumstance and ability.
To fulfill this, we aim to adhere as strictly as possible to the World Wide Web Consortium’s (W3C) Web Content Accessibility Guidelines 2.1 (WCAG 2.1) at the AA level, although we don’t claim 100% conformance in the instance there are unknown issues. Please refer to the Feedback and Contact Information section to reach us, if you experience any non-conformant content or functionality.
These guidelines explain how to make web content accessible to people with a wide array of disabilities. Complying with those guidelines helps us ensure that the website is accessible to all people: blind people, people with motor impairments, visual impairment, cognitive disabilities, and more.
This website utilizes various technologies that are meant to make it as accessible as possible at all times. We utilize an accessibility interface that allows persons with specific disabilities to adjust the website’s UI (user interface) and design it to their personal needs.
Additionally, the website utilizes an AI-based application that runs in the background and optimizes its accessibility level constantly. This application remediates the website’s HTML, adapts its functionality and behavior for screen-readers used by blind users, and for keyboard functions used by individuals with motor impairments.
If you wish to contact the website’s owner please use the following email email@example.com
Screen-reader and keyboard navigation
Our website implements the ARIA attributes (Accessible Rich Internet Applications) technique, alongside various different behavioral changes, to ensure blind users visiting with screen-readers are able to read, comprehend, and enjoy the website’s functions. As soon as a user with a screen-reader enters your site, they immediately receive a prompt to enter the Screen-Reader Profile so they can browse and operate your site effectively. Here’s how our website covers some of the most important screen-reader requirements, alongside console screenshots of code examples:
- Screen-reader optimization: we run a background process that learns the website’s components from top to bottom, to ensure ongoing compliance even when updating the website. In this process, we provide screen-readers with meaningful data using the ARIA set of attributes.
For example, we provide accurate form labels; descriptions for actionable icons (social media icons, search icons, cart icons, etc.); validation guidance for form inputs; element roles such as buttons, menus, modal dialogues (popups), and others.
Additionally, the background process scans all of the website’s images and provides an accurate and meaningful image-object-recognition-based description as an ALT (alternate text) tag for images that are not described. It will also extract texts that are embedded within the image, using an OCR (optical character recognition) technology.
To turn on screen-reader adjustments at any time, users need only to press the Alt+1 keyboard combination. Screen-reader users also get automatic announcements to turn the Screen-reader mode on as soon as they enter the website.
These adjustments are compatible with all popular screen readers, including JAWS and NVDA.
Additionally, keyboard users will find quick navigation and content-skip menus, available at any time by clicking Alt+1, or as the first element of the site while navigating with the keyboard. The background process also handles triggered popups by moving the keyboard focus towards them as soon as they appear, and not allow the focus to drift outside of it.
Users can also use shortcuts such as “M” (menus), “H” (headings), “F” (forms), “B” (buttons), and “G” (graphics) to jump to specific elements.
Disability profiles supported on our website
- Epilepsy Safe Profile: this profile enables people with epilepsy to use the website safely by eliminating the risk of seizures that result from flashing or blinking animations and risky color combinations.
- Vision Impaired Profile: this profile adjusts the website so that it is accessible to the majority of visual impairments such as Degrading Eyesight, Tunnel Vision, Cataract, Glaucoma, and others.
- Cognitive Disability Profile: this profile provides various assistive features to help users with cognitive disabilities such as Autism, Dyslexia, CVA, and others, to focus on the essential elements more easily.
- ADHD Friendly Profile: this profile significantly reduces distractions and noise, to help people with ADHD and Neurodevelopmental disorders browse, read, and focus on the essential elements more easily.
- Blind Users Profile (Screen-readers): this profile adjusts the website to be compatible with screen-readers such as JAWS, NVDA, VoiceOver, and TalkBack. A screen-reader is installed on the blind user’s computer, and this site is compatible with it.
- Keyboard Navigation Profile (Motor-Impaired): this profile enables motor-impaired persons to operate the website using the keyboard Tab, Shift+Tab, and the Enter keys. Users can also use shortcuts such as “M” (menus), “H” (headings), “F” (forms), “B” (buttons), and “G” (graphics) to jump to specific elements.
Additional UI, design, and readability adjustments
- Font adjustments – users can increase and decrease its size, change its family (type), adjust the spacing, alignment, line height, and more.
- Color adjustments – users can select various color contrast profiles such as light, dark, inverted, and monochrome. Additionally, users can swap color schemes of titles, texts, and backgrounds, with over 7 different coloring options.
- Animations – epileptic users can stop all running animations with the click of a button. Animations controlled by the interface include videos, GIFs, and CSS flashing transitions.
- Content highlighting – users can choose to emphasize important elements such as links and titles. They can also choose to highlight focused or hovered elements only.
- Audio muting – users with hearing devices may experience headaches or other issues due to automatic audio playing. This option lets users mute the entire website instantly.
- Additional functions – we provide users the option to change cursor color and size, use a printing mode, enable a virtual keyboard, and many other functions.
Browser and assistive technology compatibility
We aim to support the widest array of browsers and assistive technologies as possible, so our users can choose the best fitting tools for them, with as few limitations as possible. Therefore, we have worked very hard to be able to support all major systems that comprise over 95% of the user market share including Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Apple Safari, Opera and Microsoft Edge, JAWS, and NVDA (screen readers), both for Windows and for MAC users.
amocofcu.org is not compatible with:
- Microsoft browsers prior to Chromium Edge
- IE 11 down and legacy Edge
AMOCO Federal Credit Union assessed the accessibility of amocofcu.org by the following approaches:
- Human-Driven Self-Evaluation
- Third-Party Automated Auditing Tools
- Third-Party Guided, Human-Tested Auditing Tools
Feedback and Contact Information
Despite our very best efforts to allow anybody to adjust the website to their needs, there may still be pages or sections that are not fully accessible, are in the process of becoming accessible, or are lacking an adequate technological solution to make them accessible. Still, we are continually improving our accessibility, adding, updating, and improving its options and features, and developing and adopting new technologies. All this is meant to reach the optimal level of accessibility, following technological advancements.
We are always looking to improve the accessibility of our site, so if you find anything on the site difficult to use, please let us know via:
- Phone: Call toll-free at 1-800-231-6053
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mail: AMOCO Federal Credit Union
PO Box 709
Texas City, TX 77592
To help us understand the problem as quickly as we can, please tell us:
- the web address or title of the page where you found a problem
- the problem you experienced
- what computer, software, and browser type you used
All constructive feedback about the accessibility or usability of our site is welcome and we promise to consider it carefully.