We understand oversights happen, that’s why we offer overdraft protection. This service gives you the flexibility you need to manage your money with peace of mind when you face an emergency or unexpected expenses. Think of it as your very own safety bubble.
Overdrafts occur when there are not enough funds in a checking account to cover a transaction or withdrawal, but we pay it anyway. Without overdraft protection, these items could be denied and/or returned. A $30.00 NSF fee will be charged by the credit union and the merchant will also likely impose additional fees.
The best way to minimize exposure to overdrafts is to actively manage your checking account by: maintaining a monthly budget, register for Online Access to view balances and transactions, setting up email/text notifications, and reconciling your checking account on a timely basis.
Overdraft Protection Plans:
Standard Practices for Courtesy Pay and Courtesy Pay Plus.
- Courtesy Pay Plus: Requires your authorization. This service will add an additional layer of coverage to Courtesy Pay, by allowing the credit union to overdraft your checking account to cover debit card and ATM transactions when all other funding sources are exhausted. The credit union will charge a fee of $30.00 for each overdraft and may pay/authorize your item(s), debit card and ATM transactions up to $530.00 (including fees). To opt in login to Online Access or call us at 800.231.6053.
- Courtesy Pay: This service allows the credit union to overdraft your checking account to cover checks and ACH transactions when all other funding sources are exhausted. The credit union will charge a fee of $30.00 for each overdraft and may pay your item(s) up to $530.00 (including fees), which will save you additional fees charged by merchants for returned checks or ACH transactions.
- Standard Overdraft Protection: Your checking account can be linked to a savings account or a signature line of credit. The credit union will charge a fee of $1.00 per transfer if funds are available to cover an overdraft. Applicable interest will be incurred when standard overdraft protection is used from a Line of Credit loan.
- You will only pay a fee if and when you use the service.
- The Courtesy Pay fee will be waived if the amount of overdraft leaves your account balance negative $10.00 or less.
- The credit union will charge a fee of $30.00 each time we pay an overdraft.
- There is no limit of fees per day we will charge.
- The Courtesy Pay limit is $530.00 (including fees).
- The credit union pays overdrafts at its sole discretion, which means we do not guarantee that we will always authorize and pay any type of transaction. If we do not authorize and pay an overdraft, your transaction will be declined and you will be charged a $30.00 NSF fee.
- The credit union may revoke your Courtesy Pay privileges at any time.